Posted 4 days ago by LN+
1. Lightning Network Daemon
If you're comfortable with the command line, follow the steps below to get started. Otherwise, skip to the next option, which makes the process more user friendly.
- A computer or VPS with a minimum of 2GB RAM.
- Sufficient storage for the Bitcoin blockchain and the lightning channel states (1TB recommended).
- Bitcoin Core or btcd (for the backend).
- Install Bitcoin Core: You need to run a Bitcoin full node for LND to work. Download Bitcoin Core from the official website and sync it with the Bitcoin blockchain.
- Install LND: Follow the installation guide on the LND Github repository.
- Configuration: Configure your lnd.conf file with the appropriate settings.
- Start LND: Once everything is set up, launch the LND daemon.
- Create a wallet: Use the lncli create command to set up a new Lightning wallet.
- Raspberry Pi 4 (with 4GB or 8GB RAM recommended if you want to run many Umbrel apps).
- MicroSD card (32GB minimum).
- External SSD (1TB recommended).
- Download Umbrel: Head over to the Umbrel download page and download the latest release.
- Flash SD Card: Use a tool like Balena Etcher to flash the downloaded image to your MicroSD card.
- Setup: Insert the MicroSD card into the Raspberry Pi, connect the SSD, and power it up.
- Access Umbrel: Open a browser and visit http://umbrel.local to access the Umbrel dashboard.
- Complete Setup: Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your node setup.
You can also run Umbrel on a PC or Mac. Just run this simple command:
curl -L https://umbrel.sh | bash
Finally, Umbrel also sells ready made boxes with everything setup for you.
3. Core Lightning
- A Linux-based system or VPS.
- Bitcoin Core synced with the Bitcoin blockchain.
- Install dependencies: Before installing C-Lightning, ensure all dependencies are installed.
- Install C-Lightning: Clone the C-Lightning GitHub repository and follow the build instructions.
- Configuration: Configure the config file with the necessary settings.
- Start C-Lightning: Once installed, run C-Lightning with the lightningd command.
C-Lightning is also available in the Umbrel store.
4. Voltage Cloud
- Register: Sign up on the Voltage Cloud website.
- Create Node: Once registered, click on "Create Node" and choose your desired configuration.
- Access Node: Once your node is live, you'll be provided with connection details to manage your node.
- Manage Node: Use the provided interface to open channels, send/receive payments, and manage your Lightning node.
5. Start 9 Embassy
You can pick from 3 options of servers depending on your need. Everything is pre-installed, so this option is possibly the simplest way to get started if you have the funds to buy a dedicated server for your home or office.
Once you have your node up and running, come back here to LN+ and start opening channels in Liquidity Swaps with other node operators in a cooperative fashion.
Note: Always ensure you have backups of your node and wallet. Lightning Network is still experimental, and there's a risk of funds loss. Always act with caution and only commit funds you're willing to lose.
Posted 14 days ago by frznode
Thanks to You:
🤝 Building Trust: Your trust in our services constantly drives us to improve and ensure your transactions are secure and reliable.
🌐 Expanding Our Ecosystem: Beyond the Watchtower, we mantain a range of exciting projects, and with your support, we'll continue to grow and innovate.
Our References: For those who want to delve deeper into our ecosystem, we invite you to visit our References page to learn more about related services.
Explore Our Projects: To discover all our projects, including our Lightning Network Watchtower, please visit our main website.
🌟 Support the Project: To keep providing a reliable and sustainable service, we encourage all Watchtower users to consider making a donation, no matter how small, to support our work. Donations help us cover operational expenses and keep this important project running.
🙏 Make a Donation here
and again.... Thanks to all of you.
Posted 19 days ago by Shtacks_City
I will need to close down all my channels maybe later this month. By this point, nearly all of my contracts should expire.
For those contacts with some time left outstanding, I would be happy to pay for your opening and closure fees where you opened a channel to me.
I am taking this step to prevent any accidental mistakes and avoid unnecessary loss of funds. These funds are important for the network from a liquidity/route availability stand point and to myself who likes to shtack sats.
Keeping all channels open would be great, however, I feel that this risk is too high with the setup changes that I will need to make in the coming months.
Thank you for your understanding.
Posted 20 days ago by Rising_Phoenix
Posted about 2 months ago by frznode
Today, we are excited to take another giant leap in enhancing your Lightning Network experience. We are delighted to introduce TEOS, the Watchtower service for CLN users. With Watchtower now available for both LND and CLN, you can take full advantage of its robust security features, safeguarding your transactions across lightningnetwork.
Why Watchtower Matters
Watchtowers play a crucial role in ensuring the integrity of your Lightning Network channels. They act as vigilant guardians, monitoring the blockchain for potential breaches and providing an extra layer of security. Should any suspicious activity be detected, the Watchtower help you to recover your funds and protect your assets.
Doubly Protected: LND and CLN
Now, whether you are using LND or CLN, you can benefit from the peace of mind offered by our powerful Watchtower service. Protect your Lightning Network channels, secure your funds, and have confidence in the reliability of your transactions.
How to Get Started
Getting started with our Watchtower service is simple. For existing LND Watchtower users, you can continue to enjoy the protection you have come to rely on. For those diving into the world of CLN, head over to our website https://www.frznode.com/teos.html to learn more about how to set up and connect to our Watchtower service or set up a watch swap on LN+ https://lightningnetwork.plus/watch_swaps
Secure Your Lightning Network Channels Today
Explore our Watchtower services for LND and CLN and take control of your financial sovereignty. We are dedicated to empowering you with the tools and knowledge to safeguard your digital assets. Together, we can pave the way for a more secure, private, and inclusive financial landscape.
Posted 2 months ago by ₿⚡0308fd0d35fe851aeb67
At CryptoComicStories.com, they strive to make learning about cryptocurrencies and their impact on the world an enjoyable experience. Their engaging comic stories aim to entertain readers of all ages while fostering a deeper understanding of the evolving financial landscape.
Get ready to uncover the secrets of cryptocurrencies and how they are revolutionizing our financial system. Visit and supoport this educational Bitcoin project: https://cryptocomicstories.com/shop/
Posted 3 months ago by frznode
Open-Source Software and Transparency
Open-source software refers to programs whose source code is freely available, allowing anyone to view, modify, and distribute it. Transparency is a key feature of open-source software, as it enables individuals to scrutinize the code and identify potential vulnerabilities or backdoors. This transparency builds trust and provides assurance that the software does what it claims to do without compromising users' privacy.
Privacy Benefits of Open-Source Software
1. Independent Verification: Open-source software allows independent experts and the wider community to review the code, ensuring that it operates as intended and does not contain hidden functionalities that compromise privacy. This collaborative effort fosters a system of checks and balances, making it less likely for malicious code to go undetected.
2. Security Audits and Bug Fixes: The open-source community is highly active in identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities. With numerous developers examining the code, potential issues can be quickly identified and addressed, resulting in more secure software that protects users' privacy.
3. User Empowerment: Open-source software empowers users by granting them full control over their digital experiences. It allows individuals to verify the behavior of the software, customize it to their specific needs, and remove any unwanted features that may compromise their privacy. Users are not dependent on trusting a third party's proprietary software but can actively participate in securing their own privacy.
Installing Open-Source Software on Personal Servers
Deploying open-source software on personal servers provides additional privacy benefits:
1. Data Ownership and Control: Running software on personal servers gives individuals full ownership and control over their data. This ensures that sensitive information, such as transaction histories or personal details, remains in their possession rather than being stored on third-party servers where privacy can be compromised.
2. Reduced Trust in Third Parties: By hosting open-source software on personal servers, users can minimize their reliance on third-party services and reduce the need to trust them with their sensitive data. This decentralized approach aligns with the principles of self-sovereignty and promotes individual privacy and control.
3. Network Decentralization: Running personal servers contributes to the decentralization of the Bitcoin network. It distributes computational power and resources, making the network more resilient to attacks and censorship. By hosting open-source software on personal servers, users actively participate in strengthening the overall security and privacy of the Bitcoin ecosystem.
In conclusion, utilizing open-source software is paramount for maximizing privacy in Bitcoin transactions. It provides transparency, independent verification, and user empowerment. Installing open-source software on personal servers further enhances privacy by granting individuals full ownership and control over their data while contributing to the network's decentralization. By embracing open-source software, individuals can assert greater control over their privacy in the digital world and ensure a more secure and confidential Bitcoin experience.
Posted 3 months ago by Bitnoob
I noticed this info box on my node details. How is this info useful and what am I supposed to do with it? I think it may be a new feature, still in the trial phase. Also, not sure if other nodes can see this info as the last line is a bit concerning.
Posted 3 months ago by LN+
But that's not all! Your chosen background won't just enhance your profile; it will also automatically update your social image. Within a few minutes, your brand-new look will be visible whenever you share your node on your social platforms.
Getting started is easy. Simply log in with your Lightning node signature, and click on 'Edit' to start customizing your profile. Can't wait to see your creative flair in action!
Oh, and one more thing. You can also add links to your node profile for most social media platforms:
Posted 4 months ago by EnduraUmb-I
- LND 0.16.3-beta : This release contains only bug fixes and is intended to optimize the recently added mempool watching logic, and also fix several suspected inadvertent force close vectors.
- Bitcoin Core 25.0.0: This release includes new features, various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations.