Posted 3 days ago by Pathfinder
Full report: https://www.research.arcane.no/the-state-of-lightning
Posted 4 days ago by DarthCoin
I wrote many guides about using specific apps, nodes, tools etc, you can look into all my Substack page for them.
Why I run a node?
- to have a personal node, private, in my hands
- to be able to route my own txs (transactions) when I spend sats using LN and not depend on other nodes liquidity
- to be able to help also the network, with liquidity where is needed (merchants, in special small ones running their own nodes and in need for inbound liquidity).
- not interested into "getting rich" from routing fees, actually I lower my channels fees to a certain point that are ridiculous cheap
- help noobs with other nodes and also testing other apps with my node
I consider that we are not yet there where this fee market is enough mature to be taken as a priority. First we need to create a strong network for payments. By suffocating it with high fees and greed will do more damage than good. Some noobs are taking too serious this game of earning sats from routing and sometimes they don't know to use well the scripts and tools for managing fees and that will affect all the rest of the network, sometimes are even disabling channels for routing because they consider them "not profitable". That's just stupid, is totally against the whole concept of LN.
A combination of a private nodes in triangle
This one will be your own "public commercial bank".
- Here will be most of the routing and liquidity. Is your main HUB for liquidity.
- Could be used also for payments (onchain or LN).
- Can be used as base for your own LNDHUB wallets (uncle Jim, with BW LNDHub or LNBits LNDHub.
- Is your own payments public processor. But can be used as "front-processor" for your other payments from Blixt and Private Node.
What comes in from a channel, will go out through another one. Keep your channels always online, good fees, good peers and you will never have problems with non-balanced channels.
- those merchants/LN services that need inbound liquidity. You will get a good peer with good connections that can route your txs but you can also use it to direct payments for his products/services, through that direct channel. Helping small merchants with nodes is helping the whole network, not just you.
- Rings of Fire / LN+ can be a good way to start having some peers, usually they do first balanced channels, for a quick opportunity to be able to send and receive txs. See my list of them here: Awesome things you can do on LN
- Some good BOS score nodes, but use a larger amount of sats for those, like 5-10-20M sats/channel. Then you can loop out half of the funds to have it balanced and also re-use those sats for opening more channels.
- Here I put up a selection list with interesting nodes to have them as peers.
- what peers they have, on 2nd and 3rd level
- what fees they use, how often they change them
- how many channels they have
- how many channels they close in a certain period of time. Closing too many means are not so reliable to keep a contract. Opening a channel is a contract. If your peer close it only because after a while it wasn't routing too much (for his calculations) means that is not interested in making LN a payments system, is only looking for quick profits.
B. Blixt LN node (mobile)
- This one will be our "spending bank"
- Pocket bank, most of your small spending payments, on the go.
- Private channels with our own Umbrel / home node
- Private channels using Dunder LSP / Blixt node
- Private channels with other nodes
- First time you use it, open a Dunder LSP channel. See here the guide. This is a great way to start, you get inbound liquidity for a certain amount of deposit into a Dunder channel. So from the beginning you can send and receive sats on LN. You can have more than one Dunder channel, but is better to not abuse with many small ones, you will pay more in fees. better a bigger one or two that you periodically refill.
- Then open a channel towards your own Umbrel / home node. See the guide. This will give you another way to move funds in between, using keysend but also making payments in a more private way, through your own public node, used as first hop.
- Then open channels other LN services as you need. But keep in mind that most of your traffic will be through your own home node, so no need of many channels, just enough to have as backup liquidity.
- Blixt is a mobile app so will not be always online connected, depends of your OS
- Opening channels from your Blixt towards other nodes will be private channels, will NOT be public (routing channels). So if you want to do normal routing, as you do with a desktop node, Blixt is NOT suitable for this. Blixt is your "private node". You open channels with those services you are using for example, or just your own home node.
- Any LN node in order to be functional need to have its peer channels online/active
- So, before doing any txs with Blixt, be sure your channel are active/online. Once you open Blixt, don't jump directly into making txs. Be patient, let it to sync and connect first. It doesn't take too long. Go to Lightning channels and check them, in special if you are using Tor connection. These steps are explained in this guide.
C. "Secret LN Node" (optional)
- This one can be your "hidden bank"
- Never published and linked to your identity
- Working in background as a normal unknown Tor node.
- You can do many things with it. Things that you can't do with previous nodes or you do not want to be public at all.
- Can be a simple LN node, no special machine. See here a list of nodes software. For example if your main node is not Umbrel, is RaspiBlitz, you can run two LN instances on same machine (LND and C-Lightning). Soon also Umbrel will allow it.
Posted 6 days ago by radday55
Posted 7 days ago by SatoshiPrime_io
Login to your umbrel node:
enter your umbrel password and hit [ENTER]
Go to your swap page and COPY the following code (the XXX will be the amount of the rebalance):
lncli addinvoice --amt XXXXXX
In Terminal type:
sudo docker exec lnd
This will create an invoice. In Terminal you can see the details of this invoice. We will use those details later.
docker exec -it lnd sh
Now go back to your swap page and copy the large section of code that starts with "lncli buildroute amt....."
In Terminal type:
Now, scroll up in Terminal and find the invoice info that we created earlier. Copy the string of characters in the "payment_addr" field.
scroll back down to your block of code that you pasted and replace [PAYMENT_ADDR] with the code you copied from the invoice info. NOTE: delete the  and add "" around the pasted sting.
Then copy the [R_HASH] value from the invoice info and paste it in the block of code in the corresponding section. Again, deleting the . This time DO NOT add ""
It should look like this:
Then hit [ENTER]. That's it!
I will join another swap and I'll try to record rebalancing and post a link to the video here.
Posted 8 days ago by DarthCoin
How to use Blixt wallet with LNTXBOT and Lightning Address.
Let's make some sats moving around!
FOR FUN AND LEARNING MORE ABOUT LIGHTNING NETWORK
This is a nice way to test these LN apps and get comfortable using them.
1. Install Blixt wallet & node on your mobile or a friend/family member mobile.
2. Open a channel using Dunder LSP, to have also inbound liquidity (any amount, as you wish/need, see the guide).
3. Send a screenshot to @DarthCoin on Telegram with your channel
4. DarthCoin will send you 300 sats using LNTXBOT (here is a guide for LNTXBOT )
5. Once you receive them, from Telegram send 200 sats to your Blixt wallet to test. You can just paste the LN invoice from Blixt into @lntxbot chat and will be paid instantly.
6. From your Blixt wallet, use Lightning Address feature to send back to your LNTXBOT, 100 sats. Add in your Blixt contact list your LN Address (email@example.com) and send to that address 100 sats. You will receive them back into your LNTXBOT wallet. Each Telegram & LNTXBOT automatically will have a LN Address as firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Have fun, test this with more users. Move sats around! Make it happening, Bitcoin have to be used as money in order to win.
8. Send feedback to Blixt Telegram group: https://t.me/blixtwallet
Posted 9 days ago by radday55
I posted earlier in the myNode chat. That I haven't had this much fun, In a long time with code and using the Bitcoin I've accrued over the years. Wish I would have known about this sooner. Loads of fun. Look forward to any advice anyone can give. Thank you.
Posted 13 days ago by DarthCoin
And also The Lightning Address - amazing way to send/receive sats
You want a cool LN Address? Here is a nice domain: https://dollar.lol/
⚡ CoinOS - Browser LN wallet, swaps, PoS, good for merchants
⚡ Blixt wallet - full Neutrino LND node, LN Address, keysend, LSP
⚡ Nayuta Core - full Neutrino LND node
⚡ Zeus LN - mobile wallet, LND node management, LNDHUB, LN Address
⚡ Fully Noded - node management (iOS)
⚡ BlueWallet - custodial / non-custodial LN mobile/desktop wallet
⚡ Phoenix - LN mobile wallet, swaps
⚡ Muun - LN mobile wallet, swaps
⚡ Breez - LN mobile wallet, podcasting, LN Address, keysend
⚡ Zap - LN mobile wallet, LND node management
⚡ Spark - LN wallet, C-Lightning node management
⚡ Zebedee - nice simple LN wallet for gamers and social media
⚡ Electrum - LN mobile wallet
⚡ Acinq - LN mobile wallet
⚡ Lightning App - desktop LND Neutrino node
⚡ Cheese Robot - Telegram bot for node management
⚡ https://getumbrel.com - Umbrel OS node
⚡ https://mynodebtc.com - myNodeBTC OS node
⚡ https://raspiblitz.org - RaspiBlitz OS dedicated to Raspberry Pi machines
⚡ https://start9labs.com - Embassy OS node, based on RaspPi
⚡ https://www.nodl.it/nodlbox - Nodl Plug'n'Play node OS
⚡ https://btcpayserver.org - LN node for merchants
⚡ https://voltage.cloud/ - hosted cloud LN node
⚡ https://blockstream.com/lightning/greenlight/ - hosted LN node
⚡ https://github.com/lightning-power-users/node-launcher - Node Launcher, easy node for Windows users
⚡ Eclair Node - Windows node with Eclair
⚡ Standard LND node - Linux node machine with Tor
⚡ CoinCharge Hosted BTCPay Server
⚡ https://amboss.space - LN nodes Explorer, Billboard messaging, LN communities
⚡ https://lnrouter.app - LN Tools for node operators
⚡ https://cheeserobot.org/ - LN explorer, tools, Telegram bot
⚡ https://lninsights.com - Map of LN nodes
⚡ https://ln.fiatjaf.com/ - LN nodes browser and stats
⚡ https://1ml.com/ - LN nodes browser
⚡ https://lightningnetwork.plus - Get LN liquidity
⚡ https://terminal.lightning.engineering/ - Nice tool preview over your node
⚡ https://moneni.com/mcb/nodematch - tool that can recommend peers
⚡ https://lnnodeinsight.com/ - very good tool to analyze your node and peers
⚡ https://lnrouter.app/graph - Visualizing the nodes and channels
⚡ https://bitcoinvisuals.com/lightning - graphs and stats about LN
⚡ https://lightningboost.info/ - inbound liquidity, Watchtower provider
⚡ https://lndecode.com/ - Lightning Network invoice decoder
⚡ https://opreturnbot.com/ - send OP_RETURN tx onchain, paid with LN
⚡ https://lnbits.com - Amazing LN extensions services on top of your LN node
⚡ https://lnshort.it/ - Allows you to pay for redirects and fund with an lnurl.
⚡ https://github.com/apotdevin/NextPay - a personal lnurl tipping server
⚡ https://github.com/pseudozach/redphone - private phone calls over LN
⚡ https://sphinx.chat/ - Secured chat, podcasting on LN
⚡ https://satoshis.stream/ - be paid for your podcasts in sats
⚡ https://www.getjuggernaut.com/ - Secured chat, wallet LN
⚡ https://finalmessage.io - LN for automatic "afterlife" message
⚡ https://lightningdecoder.com - Decode LN requests
⚡ https://lightninglogin.live - Test LNURL-Auth
⚡ https://lightningpolar.com - Create LN testing setups
⚡ https://github.com/bucko13/lit-subscriptions - p2p subscription/donation system
⚡ https://stacker.news - News aggregator, login and tip with LN
⚡ https://btcoriginstories.com/ - Pay per vid or unlock and watch each story
⚡ https://kriptode.com - Various cool LN apps
⚡ https://microlancer.io - Tasks market, earn sats on LN
⚡ https://www.stakwork.com - Tasks market, earn sats on LN
⚡ https://scarce.city - LN Auctions
⚡ https://sms4sats.com - Send SMS, pay with LN
⚡ https://lightning.gifts - Create LN vouchers
⚡ https://silent.link - Burner 4G eSIM paid with LN
⚡ https://agora.download - Pay for downloads with LN
⚡ https://lnpay.co - Create LN paywalls and faucets
⚡ https://ln.cash - Send QR voucher, supported by all wallets
⚡ https://www.lightningjobs.app - jobs panel related with LN
⚡ https://www.earncarrot.com/ - earn sats doing tasks, surveys
⚡ https://supersats.tv/bitcoinheiros - livestream paid messages
⚡ https://www.twitch.tv/tanglesheep - feed some sheep with sats on LN, Livestream
⚡ https://lnmarkets.com/ - trade on Lightning Network!
⚡ https://goingdutch.pm/ - split payment bill using LN
⚡ https://lightningbutton.com/ - advertise your lightning app on a button
⚡ https://lightning.video/ - livestream or upload videos and earn sats
⚡ https://starbackr.com/ - content creators paid with sats
⚡ https://www.oshi.tech/ - earn Bitcoin rewards
⚡ https://future.travel/ - buy travel tickets using LN (LN ATM on premise too)
⚡ https://secretsatsa.com/ - This holiday season, spend some sats for someone else!
⚡ https://bitrefill.com/ - recharge virtual cards/credits, pay bills
⚡ https://bitcart.io/ - recharge virtual cards/credits, pay bills
⚡ https://acceptlightning.com/ - List LN stores
⚡ https://lightningnetworkstores.com/ - List of merchants accepting LN
⚡ https://bitcoin-vps.com/ - Massive list of Bitcoin-friendly VPS providers
⚡ https://directory.btcpayserver.org/merchants/ - BTCPay Merchants List
⚡ https://bitcoinwide.com/ - Who accepts Bitcoin/LN
A curated list with more exchanges here from which we mention these apps:
⚡ https://chainmarket.etleneum.com/ - coinjoin LN to onchain
⚡ https://zigzag.io - Swap LN sats to onchain
⚡ https://submarineswaps.org - Swap sats onchain to LN
⚡ https://fixedfloat.com - Swap LN to onchain BTC
⚡ https://lnurl-pay.me - Send fiat with LN to VISA cards
⚡ https://paywithmoon.com - VISA card paid by LN, no KYC
⚡ https://river.com - Easy BTC DCA, withdraw to LN
⚡ https://strike.me - simple, LN wallet, exchange
⚡ https://azte.co - BTC/LN vouchers, no KYC
⚡ https://t.me/BitcoinVoucherBot - Azte.co Telegram Bot buy BTC on LN
⚡ https://lastbit.io/ - simple, LN supported, VISA card
⚡ https://xsats.com/ - (only UK) simple, KYC, LN supported
⚡ https://pocketbitcoin.com/ - buy BTC with LN, non-custodial
⚡ https://foldapp.com/ - sats back, VISA card
⚡ https://stekking.com/ - sats back for every purchase
Posted 13 days ago by DarthCoin
I have an Umbrel LND node and wanted to have a backup plan to restore quick my node in case of SHTF. So I found this mobile wallet that support to restore from SCB backups the entire node funds. Then I start testing it more and found out that
At the end of this article you will find some quick guide demos, how to use it and connect to other nodes.
- Official site - also with nice interactive demo
- GitHub repository - check development stages and download sources
- Telegram support group - where you can ask quick questions directly to developer
- Android Blixt app download
- iOS Testflight App download
Main features available:
Blixt connects by default to Blixt Server to sync the Neutrino blocks and indexes (SPV mode), but user can also connect to its own node. It is surprisingly sync the whole SPV node in less than 5 min (in my case on Android 11) and I was ready to use the full node wallet (onchain and LN).
Full non-custodial LND node
User can manage its own channels with an easy interface and enough information shown to have a good experience. In the top left drawer menu you can go to Lightning channels and start opening with other nodes, as you wish. Don't forget to activate Tor from settings first. Is much better for privacy and also being a mobile node, if you change a lot your internet connection / clearnet IP, your peers can get confused. With Tor node URI you will have always same private ID whatever location / IP you have.
Powerful feature, easy to manage, useful to restore other dead LND nodes, just with the 24 words seed + channels.backup file.
Here is a guide about how to restore dead Umbrel nodes into Blixt in case of SHTF.
User also have the option to save Blixt channels backup into Google drive and / or local storage in own mobile (later move that file into a safe location, out of your phone).
The restore procedure is quite simple: insert the 24 words seed, add the backup file (previously copied into mobile memory) and click restore. It will take some time to sync and scan all the blocks for your txs in the past. Channels will be automatically closed and funds returned to your onchain wallet (see the drawer menu on the left top - onchain).
- if you previously had channels open with your old node behind Tor, you should first activate Tor option (and restart app) from menu settings. In this way, the closing procedure will not fail and/or use force close option.
- remember to make a backup of your LN channels after you open and / or close channels. Takes just few seconds to be safe. Later you can move the backup file to a safe location out of your mobile.
- to test your seed in a restore scenario, before adding some funds, just use the same 24 words seed (aezeed) into Bluewallet. If the BTC address generated is the same in Blixt, you are good to go. No need to use Bluewallet after that, you can just delete the restored test wallet.
Once you activate it, app will restart behind Tor network. From that moment you can see in menu settings, your nodeID with an onion address, so other nodes can open channels towards your little mobile Blixt node. Or let's say you have your own machine node at home and want to have small channels with your mobile Blixt node. A perfect combination.
Amazing simple feature that offer to the new user the possibility to start accepting BTC over Lightning Network straight away, with no need to deposit funds onchain and after that opening LN channels.
For new users this is great, because is supposed that they can start from zero, directly into LN. Just create a LN invoice from main screen "receive", put the amount, description etc and pay from another wallet. Blixt will open a max 500k sats channel per received transaction. You can open multiple ones, when is needed.
An interesting and useful case is this: let's say your first receive amount is 200k. Blixt will open a channel of 500k sats and with already 200k (minus opening fees) on your side, but you still have 300k available "space" to receive more. So next payment of 100k will come directly to this channel, with no more fees and you still have 200k space to receive more.
But if you choose for the next receiving payment let's say 300k, it will create another new channel of 500k and pushing to your side those 300k.
Blixt can modify the size of opening a new channel if there are too many inquiries.
Open channels automatically
In settings, the user can activate this option and have an automated service that open channels to best nodes and routes with available balance in onchain Blixt wallet. This is a good feature for new users that do not know too much about with which node and how to open a LN channel. is like an autopilot for LN.
Remember: this option is used only once, when you create your new Blixt wallet and is activated. So if the new user, see the onchain QR code on the main screen and deposit to this address his first sats, Blixt will open automatically a channel with those sats, with the Blixt public node.
Dedicated feature for merchants that need more INBOUND liquidity, easy to use, just select one of the liquidity providers in the list, pay the amount you want channel and provide your Tor onion node ID where the channel will be open towards your Blixt node.
Useful feature if you want to have a stable list of destinations where you are going to pay most of the time. This list can be LNURL, Lightning Address or future static payment information/invoices. Fro the time being this list can’t be backed up, but it is plans to have an option to export it.
Direct option to send to any LN address if is not in your contacts list. Soon maybe will have option for own @blixtwallet.com LN address.
Can scan/pay/login with LNURL, but for the moment it doesn't work if the LNURL is behind Tor.
Very powerful feature that few other mobile wallets can have it. You can send / push funds directly through a channel or pointed to another node, adding a message if is necessary. This feature is very useful for posting messages on Amboss.space Billboard (here is a guide about that Amboss billboard).
Very useful tool to sign messages with your node key, login authentication messages and so on. Very few mobile wallets have this feature, almost none.
Good and useful feature for LN payments, to split a LN invoice payment into multiple parts, from multiple channels. Good for balancing liquidity and also for increased privacy.
Series of LN 3rd party services, organize together into a nice simple browser accessible and at hand for the user. It's a nice way also to promote businesses that accept BTC over LN. This is a feature to be more developed in the future. For the time being it doesn't work behind Tor so browsing these apps will be in clearnet.
Powerful tool to check up the LND logs and node state in general. Options to save the logs file. Very good to have at hand these logs in case you need support from developer to identify some issues.
You can set in menu settings, for more security of you node wallet, the option to login with pincode and/ or fingerprint.
This part is a bit hidden, in the top left drawer menu. Being not so often used by a power LN user, is not firstly visible on the main screen. But that's OK, you can have it like a separate wallet where you can manage addresses and see txs log. Maybe in the future will include also some kind of coin control feature.
1. Go to Blixt settings - activate Tor - restart app (force close if is not restarting automatically)
2. Wait for Blixt to open in Tor mode and sync the latest blocks
3. Go to settings - see “Show Tor onion service”, copy it, is your Blixt node URI
4a. Go to your Umbrel app RTL or TH (I prefer this) - add peer and paste your Blixt onion URI
4b. Go to your Umbrel node dashboard or RTL/TH - open channel, and select known peer from list looking for your Blixt nodeID
5. Put the amount of sats for the channel, click open
6. Wait 3 confirmations to have a new channel with your "mini node" Blixt
1. Go to Blixt settings - activate Tor - restart app
2. Wait for Blixt to open in Tor mode and sync the latest blocks
3. Go to your Umbrel node, copy the Tor URI or show the QR code
4. Go to Blixt - Settings - Show Lightning Peers - Add peer and scan or paste the URI of you Umbrel node. It will be added as known peer.
5. Go back in Umbrel Thunderhub app, Open channel menu and as peer select from drop down box of existing peers.
6. Put all the rest of details for opening the channel, click Open
7. Wait for 3 confirmations to have open that channel and done, now you have more inbound liquidity in your Blixt side. Optional you can push with keysend part of the funds on Blixt side.
B. Opening LN channel towards a Umbrel node
1. Go to your Umbrel node and copy the onion URI of your node, or just pull up the QR code for onion URI.
2. Go to Blixt - Settings - Lightning peers - add new peer
3. Scan QR code from your Umbrel node or paste the onion URI and your Umbrel node will be added like peer.
4. Go back to main screen - top left drawer - Lightning channels
5. Click on open new channel “+” sign and paste the onion URI or scan the QR code of your Umbrel node. Add amount of sats for the channel, fee and click open.
6. Done, channel will take 3 confirmations to be open and… Happy Lightning with your own Umbrel node.
C. Receive funds straight to LN wallet
This is an amazing simple experience to receive funds directly in your fresh open Blixt node wallet, no need to deposit funds and manually open channels with specific nodes.
1. Once you create the wallet and save the seed, go to settings and activate Dunder LSP
2. Go back to main screen - click on receive, put the amount, I tested with 200k sats
3. It will create a LN invoice to be paid from another LN wallet
4. Dunder LSP service will create a channel of max 500k sats and push those funds you sent (200k in our case) on your channel side. So you will have a nice channel ready to send and receive.
5. If you want to receive more, next payments will be received in the same channel, until the max 500k is fulfilled. If there’s no more “space” to receive in the same channel, Dunder will create a new channel, in the same procedure.
6. Save a backup of your new opened channels. Always after opening new or closing ones. It’s very easy and fast and can save you from much trouble.
- before start using these Tor channels and Blixt app was long time not open/synced, try waiting for the sync icon on top to finish and check if all channels are online active. Then just go and create your transactions.
- If the channels are still not active, then go and add again the peer public key/ onion URI into peers, in Blixt options - show peers. You could try also refreshing that list, if the Tor gossip will find your peer, the channels will be back to life. if not, just add it again and will push the gossip to communicate.
- But remember: do not just blindly jump into making a tx immediately after you open Blixt app. takes only moments to check if your channels are active, before getting error route or insufficient funds.
- Being a LN node, it is strongly NOT recommended to use same seed on two different devices. It can be done this procedure ONLY in case you are in a recovery process, when the onchain wallet generated from seed it will start syncing previous txs and balances and without the LN channels.backup, will not start full restore procedure. So yes, you will see same onchain wallet on both devices but NOT the LN one. And DO NOT try to restore on both same LN channels. You will lose funds!
Posted 15 days ago by Mantievs Bud
Posted 16 days ago by LN+
On this page you can see all your swaps with a status bar on top informing you of the latest state of the swap, and whether you need to take any action.
You can access this page by clicking the My Swaps button on the home page, or in your dashboard section on your node profile.
Let me know if you would like to see any improvements and additional information.